Saturday, September 19, 2009

First 48 hours

...were in Paris! Both John and I have been fortunate to have visited before but it's one of those cities that always offers something new. A lot of it was spent adjusting to the time difference-- lots of naps and some strange aches. While we were there we went to the Eiffel Tower and went to the top. Wednesday nights it is only 10 euros to get to the third story which we were convinced must be some special. Anyway, wasn't exactly my idea (HATE heights) but once we were up there I was glad we did it. It's hard to believe that Paris is so big!

We stayed in an incredible apartment in the 16th arrondisemont (I butchered that) thanks to my thoughtful parents. It came with a small kitchen so we did some cooking for as many meals as possible (except I did eat a lot of pain au chocolat). We did eat dinner up at Montemarte and walked around Sacre Couer and the artist colony at night which was beautiful. We also grabbed an outrageously overpriced cocktail on the Champs but it's the price you've got to pay for parking it on that real estate, right?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ooo where were you in the 16th? C'est tres chic ma cherie.